The Wakefield Trinity Wildcats will play host to the first round of The Rugby League 9′s tournament tomorrow at The Rapid Solicitors Stadium.
Four teams will be gracing the stadium with their presence as they all take on each other in a battle to be crowned champion at the final on Tuesday July 5th.
Six games will take place at The Rapid Solicitors Stadium tomorrow between our very own Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Featherstone Rovers, Halifax and Leeds Rhinos. The tournament will kick off with the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats taking on Halifax at 7.30pm and each match will last just 15 minutes.
All matches are played to the current laws of Rugby League except for a number of slight rule changes. The main exceptions are:
- Each game lasts 15 minutes
- There will be no more than 9 players per team on the field at one time
- Each side is allowed four substitutes per game.
- There will be no scrums.
- After scoring a try the team can opt to go for a ‘powerplay’. This allows the team to attempt to score another try from a play of the ball ten metres in the field of play, for which they will receive 3 points.
- The acting half back can run with the ball and score but if he is tackled in possesion then the ball will be handed over to the opposition.
Come and join us straight from work as The Trinity Bar will be open for all supporters from 5.30pm serving a full range of food and drink. Have your tea with us and choose from a variety of food including pie and peas, curry and chips and the world famous ‘Wakefield Pie’. Wash it down with a pint of ’Wildcats Ale’ which will also be available for just £2!
The tournament is a perfect opportunity for fans to get a mid week fix of Rugby League and see a number of different teams in action. Purchase your tickets now from the club for just £5 for adults and £3 for conccessions and juniors and don’t miss out on the first round of this exciting competition. Call 01924 211611 or call in to The Wildcats Superstore for more information.
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.