Make it your New Years resolution by becoming a member of Club 1873 with the Wildcats lottery scheme gave well over £10,000 of prizes out over the last 12 months.
It costs just £2 a week to be involved in daily, weekly, monthly and six monthly draws while benefiting the clubs youth system in a number of ways.
The lottery scheme was set-up in the summer of 2011 to help raise funds to support the clubs academy structure by helping to attract, nurture and retain the best local talent. The members of Club 1873 are starting to reap the rewards with a number of future stars in the scholarship programme that turned down other clubs to remain at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium.
There has also been a number of changes with the academy sides with Stuart Dickens brought in to be the under 19’s head coach while Ryan Hudson is the Head of Youth Development. Hudson has brought in a new squad of scouts to identify future scholarship players.
12 facts about how Club 1873 operate and benefit the club and supporters can be seen below:
- 1. Club 1873 gives away £250 in cash to one lucky member every week.
- 2. Club 1873 members contributed to the Wildcats playing kit for the Rugby League Nines competition. The Wildcats went on to win the plate in the Nines Tournament
- 3. Club 1873 members are entitled to 10% discount in our retail outlets.
- 4. Club 1873 has helped twelve youngsters gain their first professional contracts.
- 5. There are 4 different payment options, monthly at £8.66 quarterly at £26.00 half yearly at £52.00 or you can pay it up for the year at £104.00.
- 6. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats have appointed Stuart Dickens as their new under 19’s academy coach through Club 1873 memberships.
- 7. Twice a year all members will be put into a mega draw to win £2000
- 8. Two of our scholarship players, Jordan Crowther and Max Jowitt have been selected to represent England.
- 9. Once a month Club 1873 give away a mystery prize with a player presenting it at the winner’s home.
- 10. Club 1873 as given away over £10,000 in cash prizes to it’s members in 2012.
- 11. Kyle Trout came through the Academy programme and made his first team debut in 2012 and went on to make a total of 11 appearances throughout the season. In addition, academy graduate Danny Cowling this year signed a 1 year extension that will see him wearing the red white and blue until at least 2013.
- 12. Club 1873 supports the Wakefield Wildcats Community Trust in projects such as ‘The Learning Zone’ and Physical Activity Projects. These are early intervention programmes aimed at increasing positive activity in Wakefield.
Wildcats Chief Executive James Elston commented on the importance of being involved in Club 1873.
“Having a lottery scheme such as Club 1873 is an essential part of the club in terms of funding the academy structure which is improving all the time. We have recently had two boys from the scholarship selected for England as well as bringing in Ryan Hudson and Stu Dickens to help John Kain oversee the future Trinity stars.
“For just £2 a week it offers great value for supports to become members with all the prizes up for grabs. As we enter 2013 it would be great for those supporters not currently in the scheme to sign up while I would like to thank all the fans that continue to financially help the club by being members.”
To sign up to Club 1873 and receive all the fantastic benefits call 01924 201548 over the festive period or email email@example.com and she will reply on her return from the Christmas break.
Club 1873 on Twitter @Club1873
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.