The Wildcats Community Trust are auctioning off sporting memorabilia via Ebay to raise further funds for the charitable arm of the Wildcats.
Among the first items to be up for grabs include David Solomona’s 2005 match worn shirt and a signed 2008 Super League Dream Team shirt whilst fans can also bid on Frankie Mariano’s match worn jersey from the 2011 season.
All funds from the auctioning off of the memorabilia will go towards helping the Community Trust carry out more of the fantastic work it does within the District in making a real difference to people’s lives.
In 2012 the Trust was as active as ever, with below just a taste of how the Trust makes a big impression on the people in the area.
1. They have worked with 3412 young people, giving them 13 hours of additional high quality P.E. and dance across Wakefield and the surrounding areas.
2. Their Dance Academy works with 248 young people taking part in 2 hours of Dance Per Week and delivered a One off World Record programme to 6043 children in Wakefield.
3. They have delivered Assemblies to 54 schools and over 18000 children addressing the Governments Health and Well-Being agenda. (Previously ‘Every Child Matters’)
4. They have delivered 20 hours of personalised Educational provision to 352 children and young people delivering 15-20 hours of additional educational provision.
5. 1504 children have benefited from a daylong whole school Player visit.
6. They have provided positive activities to 278 disadvantaged children.
7. 482 children and young people participated in their week long holiday Activities in 2012.
8. Over 450 16+ individuals engaged in regular physical activity.
9. 1120 individuals invited to take part in game day activity.
10. Eight rugby festivals hosted from 8 areas of the city and Barnsley throughout the academic year engaging over 1200 families
11. They received a ‘Special Recognition’ Award from Heart Research UK.
12. Wakefield Wildcats Community Trust won the Award for best Community Enterprise 2012.
By bidding on the shirts not only will you be in with a chance of getting your hands on some great rugby league memorabilia, but you’ll also be playing your part in ensuring the Wildcats Community Trust continues to have a positive influence on the lives of thousands of people throughout the Distict.
To bid on David Solomona’s 2005 match worn shirt, click HERE.
To bid on the 2008 signed Dream Team shirt, click HERE.
To bid on Frankie Mariano’s match worn shirt from 2011, click HERE.
To bid on Tommy Saxton’s 2006 match worn shirt, click HERE.
The items are all on auction for ten days, after which four more shirts will be available to bid on.
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.