There are five top drawer scores to pick from in the Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for March.
The month came to a thrilling climax in the 37-16 victory over local rivals Castleford on Good Friday as the Wildcats picked up three Super League points in a tough period for Richard Agar’s men.
Two tries from the derby day victory are up for contention including scores in the game away at Catalan Dragons, home draw against Salford and the gutsy performance at St. Helens.
As always a pair of tickets to a home Super League game of your choice is up for grabs for one supporter who voted for the winner. Sam Stonebanks won February’s competition for correctly voting for Peter Fox’s effort in the win over Hull KR which included captain Danny Kirmond’s excellent kick through.
The club are asking Sam to contact the club via Facebook or Twitter to receive the prize and select which game she could like tickets for.
You can watch the five tries that are up for contention on Wildcats TV before voting for your Sandal Post Office Try of the Month.
1. Dean Collis v Catalan Dragons – The Australian centre was on the end of a wonderful breakaway score in Perpignan. Ali Lauitiiti made the initial charge up field before the ball made its way to Chris Annakin who curved his run and passed out wide to find Collis who put the visitors 14-0 up.
2. Ben Cockayne v Salford City Reds – England man Cockayne was the last player in a six man move to score against the Lancashire outfit as the ball made its way from right to left at a crucial stage in the game.
3. Richard Mathers v St. Helens – Wakefield got off to a quick start at Langtree Park and Mathers made a superb support run after Collis broke free up the right edge with the centre finding his full-back to score.
4. Tim Smith v Castleford Tigers – The Wakefield Wizard opened up the scoring in the derby after he picked up the ball 15 metres out and dropped the shoulder, found a gap and powered through to ground the ball.
5. Peter Fox’s 1st v Castleford Tigers – The number two scored two tries against the Tigers with his first a contender for the best score of the month. Extremely quick hands by Mathers and Collis put the winger away in the corner for the final choice for the best score of the month.
You can watch all of the tries on Wildcats TV HERE before deciding which is your Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for March. A poll will be on Facebook this evening where you can select your winner while a retweet competition will be on Twitter later on today too.
You can find Sandal Post Office at 305 Barnsley Road, Sandal, Wakefield, WF2 6EG or call them, 01924 255101.
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.