April saw a flurry of outstanding scores and you can now vote for your Sandal Post Office Try of the Month now.
Richard Agar’s men had four league fixtures in April which included the superb 28-26 victory at Widnes with two scores from that evening making the cut. Two tries from the spirited effort at Wigan are also included while one effort from the home game against Warrington is in contention to win the moment of the month.
As always a pair of tickets to a home Super League game of your choice is up for grabs for one supporter who voted for try that gains the most votes.
Tim Smith’s try against Castleford was voted the Try of the Month for March and Rob Greaves has won a pair of tickets for a Super League game of his choice. Rob should contact the club to claim his prize.
You can watch the five tries that are up for contention on Wildcats TV before voting for your Sandal Post Office Try of the Month.
1. Reece Lyne v Warrington Wolves – The centre finished off a fantastic score which started with Paul Aiton’s run from dummy-half before an outrageous offload found Ali Lauitiiti. The giant Kiwi then found Lyne with a high pass which was well taken before he steadied himself and powered over to score.
2. Paul Aiton v Wigan Warriors – The hooker was a benefactor of a wonderful piece of skill by Kyle Wood as he tapped the ball through the defence and found Aiton before Sam Tomkins could tackle him with the number nine having enough pace to score.
3. Oliver Wilkes v Widnes Vikings – The prop forward scored a try to remember at a crucial stage in the victory over Widnes. The veteran picked up the ball over 40 metres from the opposition line and bumped off two tackles before steaming past Gareth Hock and Rhys Hanbury for the try.
4. Vince Mellars v Wigan Warriors – The powerful back-rower side-stepped his way to score his first of the season from 35 metres at the DW Stadium. Mellars showed plenty of agility to cruise past five tackles for the 12-man Wildcats.
5. Paul Aiton v Widnes Vikings – It didn’t even take Trinity 40 seconds to open the scoring away at Widnes thanks to a great try by Aiton, assisted by Dean Collis. The Australian centre broke clear up his centre position before producing an inch perfect kick that the hooker picked up and gave Wakefield an early advantage.
You can watch all of the tries on Wildcats TV HERE before deciding which is your Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for April. A poll will be on Facebook this evening where you can select your winner while a retweet competition will be on Twitter this evening, too.
You can find Sandal Post Office at 305 Barnsley Road, Sandal, Wakefield, WF2 6EG or call them, 01924 255101.
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.