The red, white and blue faithful can now vote for their Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for May with five contenders proving stiff competition once again.
Last month proved a difficult one for the Wildcats with only a single victory coming in the four games. The two points came against Catalan which is where two nominees for the Try of the Month come from.
You can cast your vote later on today via the clubs social media on Facebook and Twitter with the winning try being the one that receives the most votes. One supporter who correctly chooses the winning score will win a pair of tickets to a Super League game at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium in 2013.
Oliver Wilkes sensational 40 metre try against Widnes was the overwhelming choice for the April Try of the Month with Steven Shearman winning a pair of tickets for a home game of his choice. The club are asking Steven to contact to the club so he can receive his prize after retweeting his favourite score.
You can watch the five contenders for the Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for May on Wildcats TV HERE while there is a summary of each score below:
1. Peter Fox’s first v Catalan Dragons – The winger’s first try against Catalan was finished with ease thanks to a lovely passing move which was ended by an exquisite offload by Dean Collis after drawing three men into the tackle.
2. Danny Kirmond’s second v Catalan Dragons – Captain Kirmo was the benefactor from a sublime pass by Tim Smith who set Ben Cockayne free before feeding Kirmond to score. The scrum-half created the try by passing to Cockayne while looking in the opposite direction with a piece of skill that helped secure the two Super League points.
3. Dean Collis v Hull KR – The centre scored the visitors first try of the game at MS3 Craven Park after quick hands from Richard Mathers set Collis free who had enough pace to get to the line.
4. Lee Smith v Hull KR – Mathers produced his second assist of the game after a long pass cut out four players for Smith who fought his way inside and finished expertly by getting past five Rovers defenders.
5. Dean Collis v Castleford Tigers – Collis scored the first Trinity try of the game two weeks running after a barnstorming run by debutant Taulima Tautai who bumped off two Tigers, including Rangi Chase before offloading to the Australian who finished nicely.
Have you made your decision on which score you want to win the Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for May? A poll will be on Facebook this evening where you can select your winner while a retweet competition will be on Twitter later on today too.
You can find Sandal Post Office at 305 Barnsley Road, Sandal, Wakefield, WF2 6EG or call them, 01924 255101.
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.