The red, white and blue faithful can now vote for their Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for June with five contenders proving stiff competition once again.
June was a very satisfying month for the Wildcats as they won two of their three matches in very convincing style. Those wins came against Salford and London which is where the five nominations for Try of the Month come from.
You can cast your vote later on today via the clubs social media on Facebook and Twitter with the winning try being the one that receives the most votes. One supporter who correctly chooses the winning score will win a pair of tickets to a Super League game at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium in 2013.
Wildcats skipper Danny Kirmond was the winner of May’s Try of the Month for his score against Catalan Dragons with Peter Knapper winning a pair of tickets for a home game of his choice. The club are asking Peter to contact the club so he can receive his prize after retweeting his favourite score.
You can watch the five contenders for the Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for June on Wildcats TV HERE while there is a summary of each score below:
1. Richard Mathers vs Salford- This excellent pre-planned try came after scrum-half Tim Smith put in a magical disguised kick which wrong footed the Reds defence to allow Trinity’s number one to run through unchallenged to score.
2. Paul Sykes vs Salford- This try came from inside the Wildcats own half as a great offload from prop Kyle Amor allowed Richard Mathers to break through the middle and hand on to Stand-off Paul Sykes who showed great pace before diving home.
3. Ben Cockayne vs Salford- This was a great Wakefield counter attack as great hands down the short side by Paul Sykes, Lee Smith and Danny Washbrook allowed Ben Cockayne to race home.
4. Peter Fox vs London- A great ball out of the back from Tim Smith allowed Richard Mathers to make a break before Dean Collis handed onto winger Peter Fox who did brilliantly to evade two defenders to score in the corner.
5. Frankie Mariano vs London- Tim Smith’s beautiful inside ball freed Ben Cockayne through the middle who then kicked over the top, the ball then bounced back to Paul Sykes who handed onto Smith again whose short pass allowed Frankie Mariano to power over.
Have you made your decision on which score you want to win the Sandal Post Office Try of the Month for June? A poll will be on Facebook this evening where you can select your winner while a retweet competition will be on Twitter later on today too.
You can find Sandal Post Office at 305 Barnsley Road, Sandal, Wakefield, WF2 6EG or call them, 01924 255101.
This is Wakefield. Together We Are Stronger.