The Wildcats are relaunching the Club 1873 Lottery as a renewed commitment to youth development at the club.
Since first launching in June 2011, Club 1873 has funded Trinity’s youth development programme that has seen the likes of Ben Shulver, Max Jowitt and today, Jordan Crowther, sign first team contracts.
With a particularly exciting crop of young talent currently in the clubs Academy from 2013’s unbeaten under 16’s Scholarship side, the Wildcats are calling on supporters to sign up for the Club 1873 Lottery at just £1 a week and support the Wildcats ambitions to field more homegrown talent in the first team.
A weekly cash prize of £250 will remain, as will daily prizes including local restaurant and gym vouchers, plus a mega draw of £2,000 and with increased membership, prizes are set to increase and improve.
The relaunch is being backed by the Wakefield Trinity Supporters Trust who will be aiming to increase members with the promise of a place on the board of directors should a target of new members be reached.
A letter is being sent to all season ticket holders in the next fortnight about the re-launch in conjunction with the Supporters Trust.
Wildcats Chairman, Michael Carter, hopes fans will support the clubs efforts to produce more homegrown talent for the first team.
“It’s fantastic that we’re seeing young men like Jordan Crowther and Max Jowitt in the first team squad this year already making appearances and it’s important for the future of this club that the production line continues” said Carter.
“The under 16’s squad from last year is one of the most talented we’ve ever had and we’re very hopeful Jordan will be the first of many to make that step up to the first team.
“Our Club 1873 lottery funds the youth development programme and we’re relaunching that at just £1 a week to encourage more people to sign up. A lot of our Academy players are training full-time with us now as part of the Sport & Education Academy and investing in our own talent is something we’ll continue to do. We hope the new price for the lottery will encourage more people to help us in doing that.”
So how does Club 1873 now work?
- For £1 a week each member gets seven randomly generated unique numbers.
- Current members currently paying £2 a week will get 14 unique numbers, again, randomly generated.
- Every week a draw will take place with one unique number chosen at random to win the £250 jackpot prize with five other numbers chosen for the runners up prizes of £10 Wildcats retail vouchers.
- Each weekday a number will be drawn for a daily prize such as a meal for two at Kashmiri Aroma or a weekend pass for Total Fitness.
- You can have as many lines of seven unique numbers as you like each week.
- The money generated from Club 1873 goes into funding the youth development programme including facilities and equipment to give our young players the best possible chance of progressing to become Super League players.
The first 100 people to sign up online will get a Club 1873 pin badge, with the first 50 of that 100 also receiving a signed 2014 team photo.
Everyone who signs up before 5pm on March 21st will go into the draw for a signed shirt kindly donated by Andy Tallett from Coach & Commercial Transmissions.
Sign up online via wildcats.club1873lotto.com, in-store at the Ridings Centre or Rapid Solicitors Stadium Box Office or call 01924 211611 and support the Wildcats youth development programme.