Wakefield Trinity Wildcats invite applications for a full time Head of Youth position to lead the rugby league junior performance structures. This exciting position will offer somebody a fantastic leadership role in the sport and excellent personal development opportunities with an ambitious and elite Super League Club.
JOB TITLE - Head of Youth
NATURE & SCOPE - Responsible for the complete management of the junior performance structures including Player Performance Manager, based full time in Wakefield.
1. Overall management and development of the Academy and Scholarship programmes.
2. Establishing performance standards for all aspects of sporting excellence and developing players and coaches to these standards.
3. Development of a professional feeder system which identifies and develops playing talent in club and school environments as a pathway to Junior National Teams.
4. Extending relationships with teachers, coaches & development stafff within existing schools, colleges, and clubs.
5. Ensuring that a comprehensive Coach Education and Development programme is available to volunteer coaches in conjunction with key partners.
6. Managing, developing and implementing further Performance Plans, which include Performance Hubs with AAASE and BTEC delivery.
7. Planning and working within agreed budgets.
- A degree, equivalent qualification or equivalent experience.
- Level 3 Coaching Qualification or working towards.
PERSONAL ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Excellent communication & inter-personal skills.
- Strong coaching & analytical skills.
- The capacity to work effectively at all levels with a range of people & organisations.
- Experience of Youth or Junior Development.
All applications via CV and personal letter including expectation of salary to Michael Carter, Chairman, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 18th January and position is subject to DBS clearance.