posted on 16 July 2016

Trinity remained defiant and held off a strong Dragons side to take the two points and move back up to sixth spot in the table.

It was a positive start to the first half for Trinity in what were sweltering conditions to take the lead after losing Mickael Simon after a minute with what looked like a hamstring injury.

However the Dragons fought back to put themselves 18-0 into the lead with 10 minutes of the first half remaining, Trinity remained defiant to end the half on 18-18.

Wakefield found themselves into the lead when Jowitt sweeped the ball across to Hall on his left, the winger then passed back to Jowitt who got over the line after seven minutes.

Catalans Dragons got three consecutive tries in the space of 10 minutes; the first came when Scott Moore gave away a penalty after interfering in the ruck, on the next play Gigot who was on a one on one with Matty Ashurst and went over to put the score line level on 6-6 after 20 minutes.

Trinity made numerous errors handing the possession back to Catalans a number of times which lead to the home side getting their second try. A knock on from Nick Scruton on the first tackle gave Catalans another set of six and on the next play Taylor proved too big and strong and went over, Richards added the extras to go into the lead.

Minutes later, Joe Arundel fell for Horo’s dummy and the Dragon’s back-rower raced away to score, Richards was on target again with the extras.

Great response from Trinity, and a clean pass from Scott Moore from dummy half found Jonny Molloy, Finn added the extras to get themselves back into the game.

Soon after a fantastic kick and chase by Jacob Miller meant Escare had to settle for a goal line drop out leading to a repeat set for Trinity. An excellent kick ahead and chase from Craig Hall after Topoi’s off-load saw Trinity get their third try to put the game level on 18-18 going in at half time.

Trinity seemed to be growing in confidence in the second half but once again errors from the visitors resulted in Catalans scoring.

Trinity reclaimed the lead after Catalans lost the possession on the visitors try line, Bill Tupou sprinted down the field beating the markers after a quick play of the ball from Craig Hall to put it 18-24 after 50 minutes.

A reverse kick from Lucas Albert bounced up in front of Escare who pounced on the ball for the try; Richards added the extras to put the game back level.

Trinity had a strong set after being awarded a penalty after a ball steal, there was no stopping Mikey Sio as he was went over the line from 5m out to go back into the lead 30-24.

It was not long before Catalans pulled it back after Yaha got over in the corner, fortunately for Trinity Richards missed the conversion keeping the visitors in the lead by two points but Trinity hung on to claim the two points in Perpignan.


Share this Page

Wakefield Wildcats Shirts